Our Commitment to Sustainability
Simply Steamboat as achieved the highest level of certification in the Sustainable Steamboat program. By achieving GOLD certification, we have been recognized as making a true commitment to environmental responsibility.
Being environmentally responsible is not a one day job. It is a commitment and one that Simply Steamboat is dedicated to for life. New products and practices are introduced regularly to our sustainability program, furthering our vision to reduce our impact on our beautiful environment.
Of course whilst striving to protect our environment, we also work hard to protect the high quality hospitality experience that our guests have come to expect and enjoy when they stay with Simply Steamboat.
SIMPLY STEAMBOAT SUSTAINABLE PRODUCTS AND PRACTICES
As part of our sustainability program, every condo and townhome adopts standard environmentally friendly products and practices with high-impact and benefit to our environment.
Here are just a few of Simply Steamboat's efforts:
- Cleaning Supplies: All properties are cleaned with environmentally friendly cleaning products. In unit amenities are also environmentally friendly.
- Paper Free: Our reservations system has been specifically designed to reduce and eliminate the use of paper. The whole process is from initial contact to welcoming you to our properties is all achieved without a single tree having to be felled for paper!
- Soy Inks: All printed material is produced from 100% recycled paper using soy based ink.
- Recycled Paper: Company-wide printing and use of recycled papers, even down to your guest services book, pad next to your bed and facial tissue.
- Organic Beverages: All complimentary coffee and teas are organic.
- Towel/Linen Reuse: Guests have the opportunity to do their part to reduce energy and detergents required for washings as we offer a ‘on-request’ towel and linen change service only.
- Energy Conservation: All lighting is retrofitted with energy efficient bulbs.
- Water Conservation: Implementation of low flow systems for faucets, toilets, and showers.
- In-unit Recycling Facilities: Guests are encouraged to participate in recycling and thus reducing their environmental impact whilst in town.
- Organic Grocery Options: Our grocery list includes a selection of organic and locally produced foods.
- Donation Programs: Instead of being thrown away, unused amenity bottles are donated and used by local charities.
- Soap Recycling: We have partnered with Clean the World to recycle unused portions of soap bars. Soap is collected, sanitized, rebatched and distributed to impoverished people around the world, preventing millions of deaths caused by hygiene-related illnesses every day.